Tuesday, October 2, 2012

rain check

Hey guys,

So rain check. Normally I write all my stuff on Tuesdays and stay late up night doing it... and I had to postpone the science and recipes/art/music last time due to writing grants and studying for exams...

Funny story. Lately have not been able to stay up late like I used to and kept feeling really dehydrated. Thought it was stress and forced myself to go to bed rather than write my stories for you guys (didn't want to come off like a bitter hag - or the hulk.. "she had no sleep?? DONT MAKE HER ANGRY!!") ... Anyway. This has been going on for a while now but then over the weekend weird little things/signs were letting me know it wasn't just stress. I'm oblivious however, ask any guy who has tried to hint that he likes me, and did not catch on to my body warning me. Finally pissed at me, my body decided to swell up my eyelids so that the boys in the lower apartment began calling me "Squinty." I noticed this mind you, only after I had gotten up, taken a shower, and was putting on makeup.... decided to go to health services on campus. Low and behold, I have mono. Ha. Awesome. So my apologies that though I started this blog I thus far have been awful at keeping up with it. Right now I'm struggling reading what I wrote due to my eyes being as such:

However, once I regain non strained eyes I will write my stories to you. Until then, I decided to post what I began writing last week....

My good friend, Tristan, let me come and visit WUNH 91.3 FM, The Freewaves, at the MUB on Tuesday night. Tristan is a DJ  for the The Freewaves from 11-Midnight every Tues night, please support him and check him out online or call in and ask for a song. (my plug-in for you dearie). This place is amazing, and the vinyl selection? epic. I swear if Tristan wasn't there I would've slept by the classic rock section... does anyone else love that musty smell of a record? It's surreal.

Tristan showed me the ins and outs of how the place runs and all the different kinds of music they had. Not only that but... I WAS ON THE AIR (at 00:42:ish!) Can you tell I totally spaced that there's a Friday? ...yeah... The only other thing I contributed to was St. Vincent "Now, Now". I was flipping through the albums and Tristan said we could try one. The album cover was simple and I figured since it was labeled "rock" that maybe she'd have a fire to her that you couldn't see by the photo. The music was good, but I loved Tristan's selections way more. The kid could listen to 4 seconds and know whether he liked a song or not! Classic talent. Below are the artists and song titles:

The xx: Angels
MNDR: #1 in Heaven ((Second favorite of the night))
Bloc Party: Octopus
The Avett Brothers:  Paul Newman vs. the Demons
Niki and the Dove: DJ Ease My Mind ((Favorite of the night personally))
Joe Mullins and the Radio Ramblers: Another Day, Another Dollar
Ben Five Folds: Do It Anyway
Nick Shaheen: Hard Times
St Vincent: Now, Now
Two Door Cinema Club ((saw these guys live fyi, really good)): Handshake
The Wigs: Summer Heat
Stars: The North
Grandfather Child: Magical Words
Dylan LeBlanc: Brother

Did I deliver with music, or did I deliver? (Well, actually Tristan did, but I posted it... close enough)

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for sanity, I can tell you I don't have any. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have aquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a blogger for people like you. If you check out my art, recipes, and music now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will make you addicted to my posts...

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment